Barefoot Bowls is fast growing in popularity. Middle Park is a great place to have a casual roll with friends, or maybe a social or corporate bowling function.
With 20 rinks of grass greens you won’t find a better location for barefoot bowls than Middle Park Bowling club. Our fabulous facilities, copious car parking on the grounds and outside the gate, our own tram stop on the number 96 line and heaps of other reasons make us the venue of choice for the barefooters. We welcome small walk-up groups at any time, or you can book rinks for a larger party or function. See Venue Hire for more details on what the club offers with facilities to make your next barefoot function a great success.
A few things you need to know…
- As we operate under a club licence you and your guests may need to sign in as visitors to the club. We practise the responsible serving of alcohol.
- We are fully licensed (no BYO) with a great range of popular beverages at club prices.
- Barefoot means barefoot – but if you have lawn bowls shoes, that’s fine. If you don’t like the feeling of grass under your feet, thongs are fine … so long as they have no treads. We also have some slip-over soles available.
- We can accommodate all sizes of groups, whether just 2 people or more than 300. Just so you can get an idea, the maximum number of players on any one rink 8.
- You will be outside and in the sun when bowling. Dress appropriately and make sure you wear sun-smart clothes and sunscreen as necessary.
- When you arrive we will make sure you are instructed in the game and, importantly, the safety aspects of barefoot lawn bowls to make sure your experience and those of our other guests is a safe and memorable one. We want you back!
- Barefoot Bowling is the best way to have fun and relax with family and friends, Visit Middle Park Bowling Club for a good time out of barefoot bowling.
Oh yes … there is a small cost and a little fine print.
Barefoot bowling at Middle Park Bowling Club is affordable. Unlike many other clubs, we don’t impose a 2-hour minimum rink hire or premiums for peak times. And you will be hard pressed to find another inner city club that offers barefoot bowling on Saturday afternoons while Pennant competition is in progress.
Current rates are:
- Casual Bowlers – $10 per hour, per person.
- Corporate Rink Hire – $132 per lane, per hour (8 players per rink maximum)
Whilst casual bowlers can usually walk up, we need a booking made for corporate groups and a deposit paid. Discuss this with our club manager when inquiring. If you don’t give us 7 days notice of any alterations or changes to your booking, you risk losing your deposit. If the weather causes issues on the day, we are reasonable – we can arrange to move your booking if it’s a bowling specific event, or if you are having an outside function that can still continue in our club rooms – of course, you won’t be charged for rink hire in that case.